Tina Thrussell speaks from the heart. She delivers her presentations with the intention that participants experience a life-enhancing session with her every time.
To ensure you receive the best possible outcome for your group, Tina will speak directly with you before she accepts a booking with you.
Clarity about what you want your people to receive/do/be after spending time with Tina will allow for a customized presentation to meet your specific needs… and exceed your expectations!
“As an organizer for our PD day, I was absolutely thrilled by how well-received our Mindfulness Training session was. Tina’s enthusiasm and passion for mindfulness techniques was highly contagious! By physically experiencing the broad range of tools she presented (including an exciting brain-enhancing practice called ‘BrainDance’) it was easy to see how we can practically apply these techniques in our classrooms… and in our lives. This was one of our best PD sessions ever. I look forward to Tina returning to our school to do some sessions with our students. Applying this technique into our daily lives is so beneficial. I highly recommend this for every school.” -Connie Sillito, Administrative Assistant, Willow Creek Composite High School
A Sampling of Tina’s Presentation History:
Conferences, Conventions, Symposiums
* “Self-Care for Sanity”, “Building Resilience through Self-Esteem”, “Discover Mindfulness”, “The Joy of Movement”, “Foster a Healthy Environment (Prevent Bullying)”, “Believe in Yourself, You’re Awesome!” at Calgary Board of Education Staff Association Conventions and Teachers’ Conventions: Greater Edmonton; Central Alberta; South Eastern Alberta; Calgary
* “BrainDance and Nia – Movement to bring your Students to Life”, “Energy, Sound and the Power of the Mind”, “The Passion Test” at 22nd Annual Alberta Association of Family School Liason Workers Conference.
* “How to Create a More Joyful Life” at 9th Annual Women and Wellness Conference hosted by Ismaili Council for the Prairies
* “The Passion Test”, “Energy, Sound and the Power of the Mind” at the Healing the Frontline Workers Conference hosted by the Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta & Yellowhead Tribal Council.
Intuitive Painting” at the Creative Aging Society Symposium.
* “Hear and Be Heard” at the Inspiring Leadership Literacy & Learning Symposium
in Red Deer, AB.
* Staff development days at Pacekids Programs.
* Programs for parents at Families Matter Agency.
* Confidence building session at Discovery House Family Violence Prevention Society.
* Leaders’ development training at AGM for Scouts Canada
* Break-out sessions at Staff Retreat Days for Enviros
“The general feedback evaluation from the audience was that her style and materials were very useful, her delivery excellent and the audience enjoyed being part of this process. I would therefore recommend Tina Thrussell if you are considering engaging someone to do a seminar/retreat for your staff. I am positive that Tina would do a great job!” – Erika Serek, Executive Director, Pacekids Programs
* Mindfulness Training for teachers at Willow Creek High School
and Bert Church High School
* Professional development days for staff of various learning institutions, such as Bow Valley College
and West Island College.
* Adult programming for the Calgary Public Library.
* Adult wellness programming for Chinook Learning Services
, Calgary Board of Education.
* Wellness In-Service programs and Administrative Support PD Day for N.A.I.T.
* Women’s Health Resources workshops for Calgary Health Region.
“Tina, I just spoke to an admin in S.S.D. (Disabilities) who was at our in-service and she thoroughly enjoyed the day. She thought you were by far the best speaker, because you were “goal-oriented” and were trying to help us, and your presentation wasn’t about you.” – Lori Jervis, Bed,
Program Assistant, JR Shaw School of Business, NAIT
* Lunch and learn programs for City of Calgary’s Wellness Opportunities in the Workplace (WOW!)
* Personal Development sessions at Utilities and Environmental Protection Employee Development Day
, and Parks and Recreation Staff Development Day, City of Calgary.
* Feature session for the Leadership program, Government of Alberta.
“I would like to see more sessions like this!” – Participant in “Seize the Day” at City of Calgary WOW! session
* Client appreciation events at Innova Envelopes.
* Morale boosting afternoon at Apache Canada Ltd.
Staff development sessions at Hunt Oil Company
and Innova Envelopes.
* Mini-Retreat at Origin at Spring Creek Retirement Residence
* Afternoon Uplift at the Rocky Ridge Senior’s Community.
“Tina presented her Best U Can B presentation to a group of 15 of our favorite customers. The “Ladies Event” was a delightful success! One customer’s comment was, “Tina is very inspiring and the event was great!” Tina arranged the meeting place and made valuable suggestions to our initial rough plan. She is able to communicate comfortably with any customer and share ideas in a way that we can all relate to. Very valuable and fun information. We definitely plan to organize another event!” – Diane Furlong, Sales Manager Alberta, Innova Envelope
Associations and Societies
* “Intuition, Hypnosis and You” for Hypnosis Society of Alberta.
* “He Said/She Said” for Association of Administrative Assistants
* “Mindfulness Workshop” for the Assoc of Registered Music Teachers of Alberta Professional Development Day.
* “The Value of Volunteerism” for the Oldman Watershed Council AGM.
Spring Festival of Awareness
in Naramata, BC.
Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
for Martindale Community Associationm in Calgary, AB.
* “Nia” and “The Magic of India” at Mountain Escape Women’s Retreat.
* “Nia” at The Pajama Party
* “Believe in Yourself, You’re Awesome”, “Nia” and “Living Authentically” at Creating Space Womens Retreats.
at the Mind, Body, Spirit Retreat.
Tina has also developed, hosted and been the sole facilitator for a number of different women’s retreats for Best U Can B Inc.
“The Sage Within”, “Spiritual Warrior”, “The Sacred Journey”, “Connection” for Best U Can B Inc.
“I Believe in Me,” “Super Heroes and Heroines,” and “Hey! You’re Awesome!” for Girl Guides, Sparks, Brownies and Pathfinders of the Girl Guides of Canada
and for the City of Airdrie Recreation
* “The Magic of India” for Lake Bonavista Elementary School.
Self-esteem and community building day at Granum Junior High School.
* “The Joy of Movement” at the Mental Health and Wellness Symposium at Good Shepherd School
* Mindfulness Training for high school students at Claresholm High School
- conference break-out sessions ranging from 1 hour to 3 hours
- half day workshops
- half day retreats
- full day retreats
- weekend retreats
- weekend intensives
- one hour Lunch and Learn-style sessions
- two hour seminars
- seminar series (consecutive two hour sessions that build upon one another)
Contact Tina at 403-285-5266 today to discuss a life-enriching experience for your people.