Tina Thrussell’s presentations are always interactive and engaging. She brings a brilliant blend of enthusiasm, honesty, passion, and intuition to each group she works with… always throwing in some lightheartedness and fun, because when people are laughing, they are learning with greater ease and comfort.
“The general feedback evaluation from the audience was that her style and materials were very useful, her delivery excellent and the audience enjoyed being part of this process.
I would therefore recommend Tina Thrussell of Best U Can B Inc. if you are considering engaging a company to do a seminar/retreat for your staff. I am positive that Tina would do a great job!”
– Erika Serek, Executive Director, Pacekids Programs
Before she accepts a booking to present to your group, Tina insists on speaking with you directly to determine what what you want your people to do or be after her presentation. This way, she can customize her presentation to meet your specific needs… and exceed your expectations!
Presentation Topics have included:
- Mindfulness Training
- The Joy of Movement (physical movement session that includes the BrainDance and Nia)
- The Passion Test™ – uncovering the clues to your destiny and life Purpose
- Intuitive Painting
- Believe in Yourself – You’re Awesome!
- Assertiveness and Self-Esteem
- Create a More Joyful Life
- Seize the Day!
- Lighten Up!
- He Said/She Said – a fun look at the gender differences in communication
- Hear and Be Heard – Mastering Communication
- Energy, Sound and the Power of the Mind
- Beyond Fear
- The Value of Volunteerism
- Understanding and Dealing with Bullying
As an organizer for our PD day, I was absolutely thrilled by how well-received our Mindfulness Training session was. Tina’s enthusiasm and passion for mindfulness techniques was highly contagious! By physically experiencing the broad range of tools she presented (including an exciting brain-enhancing practice called ‘BrainDance’) it was easy to see how we can practically apply these techniques in our classrooms… and in our lives. This was one of our best PD sessions ever. I look forward to Tina returning to our school to do some sessions with our students. Applying this technique into our daily lives is so beneficial. I highly recommend this for every school.”
-Connie Sillito, Administrative Assistant, Willow Creek Composite High School
- Conferences and Conventions (9th Annual Women and Wellness Conference hosted by Ismaili Council for the Prairies; Healing the Frontline Workers Conference, hosted by the Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta & Yellowhead Tribal Council; CBE Staff Association Convention; Calgary City Teacher’s Convention; NorthEast Teachers’ Convention)
- Organizations (developed and facilitated several staff development days at Pacekids Programs; developed and facilitated programs for parents at Families Matter Agency; developed and facilitated a confidence building session at Discovery House Family Violence Prevention Society, leaders development training at Scouts Canada AGM; break-out session at Enviros staff retreat day)
- Institutions (Mindfulness Training for teachers at Willow Creek High School and Bert Church High School; professional development days for the staff of various learning institutions, such as Bow Valley College and West Island College; adult programming for the Calgary Public Library; adult wellness programming for Chinook Learning Services, Calgary Board of Education; N.A.I.T.’s In-Service program; Women’s Health Resources workshops for the Calgary Health Region; Afternoon Uplift for the Rocky Ridge Senior’s Community)
- Youth: “I Believe in Me,” “Super Heroes and Heroines,” and “Hey! You’re Awesome!” for Girl Guides, Sparks, Brownies and Pathfinders of the Girl Guides of Canada and for the City of Airdrie Recreation department; “The Magic of India” for Lake Bonavista Elementary School; self-esteem and community building day at Granum Junior High School; Mindfulness Training for high school students at Claresholm High School)
- Governments (WOW! lunch and learn program (Wellness Opportunities in the Workplace), City of Calgary; Utilities and Environmental Protection Employee Development Day, City of Calgary; Leadership program, Government of Alberta)
- Corporations (sales meetings and client appreciation events at Innova Envelopes; morale boosting afternoon at Apache Canada Ltd., staff development session at Hunt Oil Company )
- Association Meetings (“Intuition, Hypnosis and You” for Hypnosis Society of Alberta; “He Said/She Said” for Association of Administrative Assistants)
- Special Events (Spring Festival of Awareness in Naramata, BC; “Inspiring Leadership” Literacy & Learning Symposium in Red Deer, AB; Volunteer Appreciation Dinner for Martindale Community Association, Volunteerism presentation at Oldman Watershed Council AGM)
- Retreats (“Nia” and “The Magic of India” at Mountain Escape Women’s Retreat; “Nia” at The Pajama Party in Banff; “Believe in Yourself, You’re Awesome”, “Nia” and “Living Authentically” at Creating Space Womens Retreats. “Conscious Living” at the Mind, Body, Spirit Retreat.) Tina has also developed, hosted and been the sole facilitator for a number of different women’s retreats for Best U Can B Inc.
- Weekend Intensives (“The Sage Within”, “Spiritual Warrior”, “The Sacred Journey”, “Connection” for Best U Can B Inc.)
- conference break-out sessions ranging from 1 hour to 3 hours
- half day workshops
- half day retreats
- full day retreats
- weekend retreats
- weekend intensives
- one hour Lunch and Learn-style sessions
- two hour seminars
- seminar series (consecutive two hour sessions that build upon one another)